Southern Elementary Junior BETA Club
The purpose of this organization shall be: to promote the ideals of honesty, service, morality, ethical conduct, and leadership among elementary and secondary school students, to reward meritorious achievement, and to encourage and assist students in continuing their education after high school.
Membership is a privilege and not a right. The qualifications for membership on the part of the student shall be: (a) worthy, moral and ethical character, (b) good mentality, (c) creditable achievement, and (d) commendable attitude. The standards and means for appraising these qualities shall be determined by the administration of the school where the chapter is located. Since the purpose of the organization is to select, honor, and encourage students possessing these characteristics, it shall be within the province of the administration of each school to set up such local standards of membership as shall best serve to bring together in the chapter students who merit distinction because of these qualifications. All students must be performing on or above grade level. Local school administrations are at liberty to limit membership to certain grades.
Southern Elementary criteria for new members:
· Students must be in good academic standing – 3.75 GPA or above (They must maintain this GPA
throughout the year).
· Students must be actively involved in 1 extracurricular activity either at school or in the community.
· Students must have no more than 1 disciplinary referral.
· Students must have 2 letters of recommendation from teachers (1 can be a current teacher and the
other a special area teacher, past teacher, or other administrative staff member).
· Student must exhibit good work ethic (completing assignments in a timely manner and using time
wisely in the classroom setting).
· Students must have good attendance during the school year.
· Students must exhibit a commendable attitude as stated in the national membership qualifications.
Southern Elementary 2019 -2020 BETA Team
Coaches are Mrs. Candice Baugh and Mr. Eric Yancey